Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Little About Me!

I have been playing Violin for almost 23 years. I started out on a Cracker Jack box covered with wood paper, a ruler as the neck/finger board, and a dowel rod as the bow when I was 3. After I had learned the basics I got a real violin. I guess you could say I was destine to play the violin as my birth announcement said "Lorimor Trio Signs New Member". I have 3 older sisters and we form a string quartet, so I have been involved with music my entire life (whether I wanted to be or not)! I took private lessons from when I was 3 all the way through high school. Most of my lessons were taken with Sarah Smith with Aurora Suzuki Violins. Since her father (Stan Smith) retired she has started her own Suzuki String Group named West Suburban Suzuki Stings. In the last 10 years I have been involved with the music ministry at church either playing violin or singing. I am currently a violin instructor at the UMHB Conservatory of Music. I also do private lessons. I still have some availability this spring. If you are interested please e-mail me at stringemviolins@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment